How to manage frizzy hair in humid weather - Politics of PrettyEvery summer I go to battle with the DC region's awful humidity. In the by, humidity always won. Simply over the terminal couple of summers, I've mastered a formula — by combining the correct products and the correct tools, in conjunction with a couple domicile remedies– to assist manage my frizzy hair in humid weather.

Earlier I dive into the tips and tricks of mastering soft and smoothen tresses, I demand to analyze ane thing. There is no such affair as eliminating frizz. I accustomed that a long fourth dimension agone. But there are means to manage it. Emphasize manage. Hither is how to manage frizzy hair in humid weather.

Products

Redken Frizz Dismiss Rebel Tame is my savior during the summer months. The leave-in smoothing control cream is ideal for those with coarse pilus and works in medium to high humidity. I first discovered this product from a sometime hairstylist I used to see that would utilize it on my tresses. I highly recommend getting the travel-size version if you don't want to commit to the $22 price point.

I continue L'Oreal Lock It Weather condition Control Hairspray handy during summertime rainy days. There's nothing worse than using my flat iron only to walk outside to loftier humidity on a rainy mean solar day. Usually if I mist this all over, it keeps flyaways to a minimum.

My naturally straight hair tends to get weighed down with well-nigh oils but my pilus finer absorbs this Moroccanoil Treatment instead of staying on the surface. It can exist used for workout, styling and finishing. A little goes a long way!

Keeping pilus sleek and shiny also requires a deep workout treatment once a calendar week. Information technology's a ten Miracle Hair Mask is reasonably priced and extremely effective. Apricot kernel oil is definitely the hero ingredient in my book as it prevents moisture loss and repairs dry hair and scalp.

Tools

A wide-tooth comb is my go-to for detangling and preventing breakage. Applying with a dry castor can create puffiness that you don't necessarily desire in the summer. Hither's another tip: keep a wide-toothed comb in the shower and use after y'all've conditioned, and so rinse. Information technology will smooth the way for when your pilus is dry.

Towel-drying your hair is like an open invite for frizz and static. Instead of using some regular one-time towel, this microfiber towel from DevaCurl is the best alternative. The microfiber fabric is gentle on tresses (even curls) to help manage frizz, plus the towel is super soft.

I'm addicted to blow drying my pilus and it's a bad habit I desperately demand to break. But managing frizz is then much easier when I blow dry, particularly when I use this Ceramic + Ion Thermal Hairbrush. It comes 7 dissimilar barrel sizes. I like to use the 1-3/4 size because I find it to exist the easiest to handle while blow drying. The vented ceramic barrel also helps preclude static hair too (which is a must-have during the winter months)!

Home Remedies

Whether y'all're on a budget or need some extra "hair insurance," here's how to manage frizzy hair in humid weather with a couple habitation remedies:

The Easy Peasy Cold Rinse: This one is pretty straightforward. Rinse your pilus with cold h2o. With extremely hot summer days in full force, a cooler rinse later on washing volition assistance close the pilus cuticles, which makes information technology less susceptible to frizz.

The DIY Avocado & Olive Oil Mask: Consider this a natural conditioner for your pilus– avocado and olive oil are packed with fatty acids to help manage frizzy hair. Mash up ane avocado and add a splash of olive oil, whipping the 2 together. After shampooing your pilus, apply the mask to your hair from root to tip. Permit sit for 30 minutes or and so and then rinse thoroughly.

Yous can store my favorite frizz-fighting products below!

Practice y'all have more tips on how to manage frizzy hair in humid weather condition?